Student Incident Referral Forms

Any form of academic dishonesty, whether cheating or plagiarism, undermines the value of grades for the entire student body and the College as a whole. It is an affront to every student who has labored to achieve success honestly and a threat to the College's reputation for academic excellence. For these reasons, the College does not tolerate any form of academic dishonesty. Any student attempting to gain an unfair advantage in a course will be penalized, up to and including suspension from classes, if applicable. The actions taken against the student will also be permanently entered into the student's educational record in the case of repeated, flagrant, or serious incidents.

Report an academic integrity violation by submitting the Academic Integrity Incident Referral Form.

Submit the Chabot Academic Integrity Incident Referral Form

Students are responsible for complying with all college and district regulations at all times. The College has an obligation to maintain conditions under which the work of the college can go forward freely, in accordance with the highest standards of quality, institutional integrity, and freedom of expression. In joining the academic community, students enjoy the right of freedom to learn and share responsibility in exercising that freedom. A student is expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the standards of student conduct.

Report student discipline by submitting the Chabot Student Conduct Incident Referral Form

Submit the Chabot Student Conduct Incident Referral Form

Students have the right to benefit from instruction and participate in academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities provided or sponsored by the College. Students are encouraged to submit a grievance if they reasonably believe a college decision or action has adversely affected their status, rights, or privileges as a student. The grievance may be against another student or an employee of the College.

Course Grades: It is important to note that course grades are determined by the instructor of the course and the determination of the student’s grade by the instructor, in the absence of mistake, fraud, bad faith, or incompetency, shall be final.

Exemptions: The student grievance process does not apply to standards of student conduct (student disciplinary matters), sexual misconduct (including sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, or illegal discrimination), financial aid actions, and parking tickets all of which are covered under separate board policies and administrative procedures.

Informal Resolution – Each student who has a grievance shall make a reasonable effort to resolve the matter on an informal basis prior to requesting a grievance hearing, and shall attempt to solve the problem with the person with whom the student has the grievance, that person’s immediate supervisor, or the local college administration.

Students can report a student grievance by submitting the grievance form:

Submit the Chabot Student Grievance Form

In case of a life threatening emergency, please call 911 to solicit first responders. Then call Campus Safety at 723-6666 to inform Dispatch of the emergency.

College employees are encouraged to refer students who express suicidal feelings, thoughts of unsafe actions, or other mental health concerns that may affect their academic or personal well-being. 

Report student mental health issue by submitting the Chabot Student Mental Health Incident Referral Form

Students may also refer themselves for mental health services on the CARES Mental Health website.

Submit the Chabot Student Mental Health Incident Referral Form

In accordance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” All college employees are mandatory reporters which requires them to report all allegations or knowledge of sexual misconduct that involves students.

Report a student Title IX violation by submitting the Chabot Student Title IX Incident Referral Form

Submit the Chabot Student Title IX Incident Referral Form


Not sure if a behavior is a violation or what incident referral form to use?
Contact the Office of the Vice President of Student Services.